Please use this email for reporting absences and Covid-19 test results: email@example.com.
Covid-19 testing information: click here for San Diego County testing sites. CVESD has testing M-Th 8:00-4:00 and Fridays 10:00-4:00 at the district office, 84 East J Street, Chula Vista, 91910 AND at Hedenkamp Elementary, 930 East Palomar Street, Chula Vista, M-Th 9:00-4:30 and Fridays 10:00-4:30.
October 25-29 is Red Ribbon Week. Our goal is to proactively create student awareness pertaining to problems related to the use of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs. The national theme this year is “Drug Free Looks Like Me.” At Finney, we will focus on many aspects of health and safety. This is also a wonderful opportunity for your family to discuss issues like peer pressure and making the right choices for a healthy future.
Finney’s Costume Parade is Friday, Oct. 29. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 regulations, no visitors are allowed this year. Students may wear a costume to school. Please observe these guidelines when choosing a costume:
- NO INFLATABLE COSTUMES OR COSTUMES WITH FANS
- Faces must not be covered up (except for your usual face covering).
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate for elementary school. Our youngest students are 3 years old. Nothing scary, please. No references to shows or games that are not appropriate for young children.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- If you are not sure if it is appropriate, ask your teacher.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students participating in the parade should arrive to school in their costume and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
Oct. 29 Costume Parade (staff & students only)
Nov. 1-15 PTA Fall Catalog Fundraiser
Nov. 8 School Site Council 2:30
Nov. 11 NO SCHOOL Veteran’s Day