We are working to increase attendance rates at Finney. Sadly, no classes met the goal of 98% attendance last week. Overall attendance for the week was 91%.
Did you know? Children who are chronically absent are much less likely to read at grade level by the third grade. Students who cannot read at grade level by the end of third grade are four times more likely than proficient readers to drop out of high school.
Flu vaccines are highly recommended this season. We are anticipating an early start to the flu season.
October 24-28 is Red Ribbon Week. Red Ribbon week focuses on many aspects of health and safety. This is also a wonderful opportunity for your family to discuss issues like peer pressure and making the right choices for a healthy future.
Friday, October 28 is the annual Finney Costume Parade at 8:15-8:45 a.m. on the east blacktop. Families are welcome, and can enter and exit through the side gate on the east side of the auditorium for this event. Student costume guidelines:
- Faces must not be covered up. Masks will be allowed during parade only.
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate for elementary school. Our youngest students are 3 years old. Nothing scary, please. No references to shows or games that are not appropriate for young children.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students dressing up on Friday should arrive to school in their costume and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
- No costumes allowed at school on Oct. 31 (except Ms. Gina’s class).
Finney PTA is holding a membership drive October 17-November 14. The class with the highest percentage of PTA members will win a movie party. Here is the link to join PTA.
Oct. 28 Costume Parade 8:15-8:45 a.m.
Oct. 31-Nov. 4 6th Grade Camp
Nov. 11 NO SCHOOL Veterans Day