We are working hard to improve student attendance at Finney this year. These classes met the goal of 98% attendance last week: Mrs. Nguyen’s class Rm. 402, Mr. Barraza’s class Rm. 406, and Mrs. Aguilera’s class Rm. 501! Overall attendance for the week was 94%.
Even if you missed last Wednesday’s Positive Parenting class, you can still attend the next two sessions on Oct. 19 and Oct. 26, 6:00-8:00 pm in Finney auditorium. Childcare and FOOD included! The parents who participated last week learned new tools to use at home to help with common parenting challenges. Click the link to register for the class in English or Spanish.
October 24-28 is Red Ribbon Week. Our goal is to proactively create student awareness pertaining to problems related to the use of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs. The national theme this year is “Celebrate life. Live drug free.” At Finney, we will focus on many aspects of health and safety. This is also a wonderful opportunity for your family to discuss issues like peer pressure and making the right choices for a healthy future.
Friday, October 28 is the annual Finney Costume Parade at 8:15-8:45 a.m. on the east blacktop. Families are welcome, and can enter and exit through the side gate on the east side of the auditorium for this event. Student costume guidelines:
- Faces must not be covered up. Masks will be allowed during parade only.
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate for elementary school. Our youngest students are 3 years old. Nothing scary, please. No references to shows or games that are not appropriate for young children.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students participating in the parade should arrive to school in their costume and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
- No costumes allowed at school on Oct. 31.
Finney PTA is holding a membership drive October 17-November 14. The class with the highest percentage of PTA members will win a movie party. Here is the link to join PTA.
Oct. 19 Unity Day~Wear Orange
Oct. 21 Garden Festival 1:30-4:30 pm
Oct. 28 Costume Parade 8:15-8:45 am