School starts at 7:45 a.m. Students need to be on the blacktop at this time and teachers will walk them to class. We ask all parents to exit promptly so that we can lock the gate after the bell.
Help keep our children safe! The white curb is for drop off/pick up only (do not park and leave your car on the white curb at arrival and dismissal). Use caution when crossing the street. Right turn only onto Byrd Street when exiting the parking lot. Do not park in spaces marked “Staff”.
You’re invited to our first Coffee Chat/ELAC meeting of the school year this Friday, July 29, 8:00-9:00 a.m. in the auditorium. This is Finney’s parent meeting. It will be held in-person and also streamed via Microsoft Teams. We will be covering school programs, family involvement opportunities, including volunteer information.
Please report absences, and Covid-19 test results to firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting at-home negative results to return early from isolation or as proof following a close contact, write your child’s name, the date, and the time on the test and then submit a picture to email@example.com. We can not accept pictures of tests without this information. Results should be checked at least 15 minutes after taking the test and no later than 30 minutes after taking the test. Results outside of this time frame are not valid.
The Finney School Site Council (SSC) is seeking nominations for 4 parent members. For more information and the SSC Nomination Form, click here.
Finney English Learner Advisory Committee needs a Parent Representative to represent Finney’s English Learner parents at the monthly District Advisory Council/District English Learner Advisory Committee (DAC/DELAC) meetings, held on Tuesdays, 12:00-2:00 at the CVESD district office. Click here for more info and the DELAC Rep. Nomination Form.
DELAC Rep. and SSC Member Nomination Forms are due August 5, and elections will take place at Back to School Night on August 11.
Click here to sign up for the Birthday Book Club!
Finney Family Handbook Highlight: Dress Code
DRESS FOR SUCCESS!
- No crop tops.
- Jewelry can be dangerous or get damaged/lost and should be left at home.
- Hats, beanies and/or hoods are not to be worn in class.
- No make-up.
- No long nails and no fake nails.
- Wear closed toe shoes with gripping, non-slip soles suitable for physical education.
- Shorts need to pass the student’s fingertips when arms are at his/her sides.
- Tank tops must have straps at least 3 fingers wide.
- Gang-related attire is prohibited.
- No clothing with references to drugs or alcohol.
- Please ensure words on clothing are elementary school appropriate.
- Please mark all sweaters, jackets, and coats with your child’s name.
We are a gum-free and candy-free campus.
July 29 Coffee Chat/ELAC Parent Mtg. 8:00-9:00 (auditorium/virtual)
Aug. 4 Community Safety Forum 5:30-6:30 pm (Hedenkamp Elementary)
Aug. 10 CVESD Board Meeting 6:00 pm
Aug. 11 Finney Back to School Night 5:00-6:00 pm