Finney PTA is hosting the Scholastic Book Fair October 18-22. Click here to see all the books for sale at the book fair. Students will be able to shop the Book Fair during recess time (due to Covid regulations, only staff and students may shop). We highly recommend using the e-wallet system for the Book Fair. This is safe and eliminates the need for children to handle cash. You can sign up for e-wallet here and see the interactive flyer. If you would like to purchase a book for your child’s classroom, see teachers’ wishlists here.
The PTA Association Meeting has been rescheduled for Thursday, October 21 at 4:00 via Zoom. Please join us!
October 25-29 is Red Ribbon Week. Our goal is to proactively create student awareness pertaining to problems related to the use of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs. The national theme this year is “Drug Free Looks Like Me.” At Finney, we will focus on many aspects of health and safety. This is also a wonderful opportunity for your family to discuss issues like peer pressure and making the right choices for a healthy future.
Finney’s Costume Parade is Friday, Oct. 29. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 regulations, no visitors are allowed this year. Students may wear a costume to school. Please observe these guidelines when choosing a costume:
- Faces must not be covered up.
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate for elementary school. Our youngest students are 3 years old. Nothing scary, please. No references to shows or games that are not appropriate for young children.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- If you are not sure if it is appropriate, ask your teacher.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students participating in the parade should arrive to school in their costume and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
Oct. 20 Unity Day
Oct. 20 CVESD Board Meeting 6:00pm
Oct. 21 Great Shakeout (Earthquake Preparedness)
Oct. 21 PTA Association Meeting 4:00 pm
Oct. 18-22 Scholastic Book Fair during Recess
Oct. 29 Costume Parade (staff & students only)