Finney PTA is hosting the Scholastic Book Fair October 18-22. Students will be able to shop the Book Fair during recess time (due to Covid regulations, only staff and students may shop). We highly recommend using the e-wallet system for the Book Fair. This is safe and eliminates the need for children to handle cash. You can sign up for e-wallet here. Proceeds from the Book Fair are used to purchase materials for classrooms.
Please use this email for reporting absences and Covid-19 test results: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 testing information: click here for San Diego County testing sites. CVESD has testing M-Th 8:00-4:00 and Fridays 10:00-4:00 at the district office, 84 East J Street, Chula Vista, 91910 AND at Hedenkamp Elementary, 930 East Palomar Street, Chula Vista, M-Th 9:00-4:30 and Fridays 10:00-4:30.
Finney’s Costume Parade is Friday, Oct. 29. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 regulations, no visitors are allowed this year. Students may wear a costume to school. Please observe these guidelines when choosing a costume:
- Faces must not be covered up.
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate for elementary school. Our youngest students are 3 years old. Nothing scary, please. No references to shows or games that are not appropriate for young children.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- If you are not sure if it is appropriate, ask your teacher.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students participating in the parade should arrive to school in their costume and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
Join the Finney team! We are seeking substitutes for Noon Duty Supervisor and Student Attendant. Visit cvesd.org for more information.
Oct. 11 School Site Council 2:30
Oct. 12 DAC/DELAC 12:00
Oct. 14 PTA Association Meeting 4:00
Oct. 20 Unity Day
Oct. 18-22 Scholastic Book Fair during Recess
Oct. 29 Costume Parade (staff & students only)