It’s Red Ribbon Week! Each year, Red Ribbon celebrations bring communities together to take a stand on making smart choices, reducing violence, and committing to be drug-free. Student Council is sponsoring the following Spirit Days this week:
Friday, October 26 is the Finney Fall Festival, 4:30-7:00 pm. Join us for fun, food, and games while supporting your school! Costumes are welcome!
Friday, October 26 is the annual Finney Costume Parade at 8:30 on the east blacktop. Families are welcome, and can enter through the side gate on the east side of the auditorium for this event. Student costumes guidelines:
- Faces must not be covered up. Masks will be allowed during parade only.
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students participating in the parade should arrive to school in their costume and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
- No costumes allowed at school on Oct. 31.
Finney Student Council is sponsoring “SOCKTOBER” clean sock drive for families in need. Bring NEW socks Oct. 15-31 and they will be donated to Father Joe’s Village.
Thank you to those parents who attended our Parents & Pastries/ELAC meeting on Friday. If you were not able to attend, please take a moment to give your input regarding parent meeting topics by taking this brief survey. Here is the Spanish version. Survey closes on 10/26/18.
Our attendance rate last week was 96.7%. This is too low! Our goal is 98%. We can do it!
Remember, coming to school on every day on time is the first smart choice your child makes in their academic career. Please be a part of your child’s success by bringing them to school early. They can eat breakfast at school starting at 7:15. School begins at 7:45 am. Students are required to be lined up on the blacktop when the bell rings at 7:45, or they are marked tardy.
Oct. 24 PTA General Meeting 5:00 Rm. 201
Oct. 26 Halloween Parade 8:30
Oct. 26 Fall Festival 4:30-7:00 pm
Nov. 5-15 Food Drive