Friday, October 26 is the annual Finney Costume Parade at 8:30 on the east blacktop. Families are welcome, and can enter through the side gate on the east side of the auditorium for this event. Student costumes guidelines:
- Faces must not be covered up. Masks will be allowed during parade only.
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students participating in the parade should arrive to school in their costume and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
- No costumes allowed at school on Oct. 31.
Finney Student Council is sponsoring “SOCKTOBER” clean sock drive for families in need. Bring NEW socks Oct. 15-31 and they will be donated to Father Joe’s Village.
Join us for the Finney Rummage Sale on Saturday, Oct. 20, 7:00 am-12:00 pm! You can rent a space to sell items. Click here for more information. Proceeds benefit 6th grade.
Our next Parents & Pastries meeting is this Friday, Oct. 19 at 8:30 am in Room 502. This meeting will be combined with the English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) meeting.
The Book Fair is Oct. 15-20 in Room 201. Students will attend with their class during the week. Additional hours are:
2:00-2:45 pm (open until 3:00 on Monday & Thursday)
12:45-1:30 pm on Friday
Book fair will also be open 7:00-9:00 am during the Rummage Sale on Saturday, Oct. 20.
Oct. 15 SSC 2:30 Rm. 502
Oct. 15-20 Book Fair Rm. 201
Oct. 19 Awards Assembly 4th-6th 8:00
Oct. 19 Parents & Pastries/ELAC 8:30 Rm. 502
Oct. 20 Rummage Sale 7:00-12:00
Oct. 24 PTA General Meeting 5:00 Rm. 201
Oct. 26 Halloween Parade 8:30
Oct. 26 Fall Festival 4:30-7:00 pm