Our School Secretary, Laura Casas, has been selected as the new Communications Supervisor for the Chula Vista Elementary School District. We are sad to see her go, but are excited for her, and know that her skills and talents will have a far-reaching impact in this district-level position.
Please remember that it is unsafe and illegal to cross the street in the middle of the block. Please cross only at the corner. When dropping off students in the white loading zone, please pull all the way forward.
We are grateful to the parents who are volunteering for morning traffic assistance! We still need more volunteers, so if you are interested in helping out from 7:30-7:45 am at least one day a week, please see Dr. Prange.
Friday, October 27 is the annual Finney Costume Parade at 8:30 on the east blacktop. Families are welcome, and can enter through the side gate on the east side of the auditorium for this event. Students’ costumes guidelines:
- Faces must not be covered up. Masks will be allowed during parade only.
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students participating in the parade should arrive to school in their costume and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
Finney Student Council is sponsoring “SOCKTOBER” clean sock drive for families in need. Bring clean (preferably new) socks Oct. 9-31 and they will be donated to local shelters. More information available here: Socktober Flyer
October 23-27 is Red Ribbon Week. Red Ribbon Week focuses on drug prevention education. Student Council is sponsoring a drug-free theme each day:
Monday, Oct. 23: Wear Red
Tuesday, Oct. 24: Crazy Hair (Wild About Being Drug Free)
Wednesday, Oct. 25: Mix and Match (Don’t Let Drugs Mix You Up)
Thursday, Oct. 26: USA Day (Pledge to Be Drug Free)
Friday, Oct. 27: Costume Parade 8:30 am (Spook Away Drugs)
Nov. 3 Finney Fall Festival 4:30-6:30 pm
Nov. 10 NO SCHOOL–Veterans’ Day Observed